Author Topic: [TUT]How to increase FPS!  (Read 1186 times)

_Ryan_

[TUT]How to increase FPS!
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm here with tutorial that showing how can you increase your FPS, I will show it in several ways.

Method 1: "FPS Limiter"
In this way you will set FPS Limitation to your game by the following steps:
When in-game, hit the ESC button and enter the menu, right afterward press on "Options" button and then hit "Display Setup".
Go and press on the "Advanced" button and "Frame Limiter" option will appear, make sure right to it there will be "On", if it on "On", leave it like that and if it on "Off" press on it once and you will see "On".

Now just get out from this menu and go to the game and type the next command: /fpslimit 90.
And that's all, your FPS won't move and will be high as your computer abillity allows you.

Method 2: "Graphic Decrease"
This method is for low PC users and in this method you gonna sacrifice your graphic for your FPS.
So basically you are gonna set your graphic options to low and then your FPS will increase automatically and let me show you how to do it:
First of all press ESC in game and go to the options menu, then hit the "Display Setup" button and right afterward go to "Advanced".
1. Put your "Draw Distance" level at the most low, that will just gonna decrease the distance that you will see objects/players
(Not that affective doe).

2. Set your "Visual FX Quality" on "Low" as in the picture.

3. Set the "Anti ALiasing" option on "Off".

4. This is the most FPS increase amount way, set your resolution to "1024X768X32" that most prefered resolution.

Method 3: "Stream Memory Fix"
In this method you just gonna download little thing that gonna increase your game space and fix draw problems and make the game smoother.
So first of all go and download the thing in this link: https://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=comments&cat=169&start=21&id=18222
Right after you doing it open the rar file and extract all the files inside
(Besides the text files) to your root folder of Gta San Andreas:

And that's all, I might keep update the thread with more methods but for now that's it, I hope I helped you guys, enjoy !
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:56:09 PM by _Ryan_ »

JamesT85

• Management
  • Happy Days
Re: [TUT]How to increase FPS!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
Good tutorial
however there is more steps on fps improving here.
 https://avttdm.com/community/index.php/topic,5754.0.html
And if you prefer a video then here:
Carona virus
I will be IG all the time jk.
https;//www.youtube.com/jamest85gaming99

Dimitri

• Server Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »
Frame Limiter cant increase your FPS,belive or not. Its only to set how much fps do you want with /fpslimit

For an example if your frame limiter is off he will give you to 100 fps(depends on pc specs) ,with frame limiter on you can adjust your fps via /fpslimit 20-90 . Imo stay with frame limiter off.

_Ryan_

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
Frame Limiter cant increase your FPS,belive or not. Its only to set how much fps do you want with /fpslimit

For an example if your frame limiter is off he will give you to 100 fps(depends on pc specs) ,with frame limiter on you can adjust your fps via /fpslimit 20-90 . Imo stay with frame limiter off.

Believe or not, for low PC's it will help to regualte the FPS and set it on straight number instead of moving from 70 to 80 and 60 like shit. I said it's for Low PC's not for gamers..

Bubbles

• Server Administrator
  • Deecent
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
One thing that you could have mentioned here is modifications to your GTA:SA game folder in general - some weapon skin mods are usually not that demanding, but modding all of your vehicles, skins and weapons may cause frame rate issues, or the stream memory problem.
If you are planning to install any major graphical overhauls,  or ENB, on a computer that may already have issues with running SA:MP, or GTA:SA, or it may not have a dedicated graphics card, I'd highly advise against installing it. If you have a computer that suffers with ENB enabled, you could modify your ENB .ini file to run better as there are several different videos on YouTube that display ENB with lower settings, and contain a complete list of the settings you require to edit your file, and eventually attain this. Then again, even if you suffer with an optimised ENB (which has settings designed for a low end PC), you'll still suffer from some sort of frame rate loss - you can therefore just use the hotkey to turn it on and off, and perhaps turn it on if you're taking any screenshots.
And, of course, the best way to avoid any FPS-related issues is to not install any modifications (graphical) at all.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:00:48 PM by Bubbles »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal